Thanks for all the good thoughts and kind comments. Again, please forgive me this time for not answering individually. Still trying to get back on track and can't sit for a long time comfortably.
My procedure went well. They forgot to tell me not to eat, so I got to have it without sedation. FYI - I don't recommend being totally awake on the OR table. It's so reassuring to have the support staff discusses their weekends while you have a drill in your spine and the doctor is correcting their drug dosage math and instrument layout. At least my doc was on topic and I got to see the stuff from my disc which was so thoughtfully described by an onlooker as "ewww, looks like a booger". Not the A-team that morning, but my doctor is very good, so I held that thought. Seem to be recuperating well, but at this point only time will tell.
So, I had the first 72 hours post-op to spend "restfully" and got very good at knitting on my back and side. Bunny sweater is on the edging (no pics today - needs blocking), Klaralund is ready for seaming and Clapotis II is done and already worn.
The Lavold Silky Wool doesn't have the bounce of the merino, but it's got it's own kind of beautiful drape. The yarn handled well and knitted up quickly and while the stitches are intentionally loose (this yarn calls for US 6 needles) they are reasonably consistent for this type of "natural" yarn and the ladders hold well.
When I feel better I will add a photo wearing it. Will also post final measurements in the Finished gallery soon. I followed the pattern and used 3.25 balls of the on US 7's.
Klaralund is in the final stages. Wow these 28" x 18" sleeves took forever! Actually, as you can see, I did alter the sleeves to add shaping at the wrists. I was terrified I wouldn't have enough yarn (have finished with about 1/2 ball remaining), and also didn't want the sleeves too big on my short body. But, I must admit I still have my fingers crossed as to how this will look on me. Think that's why it's been on my dining table for a day waiting for seaming? This photo is during my wet-block of the sleeves. Couldn't recommend it too highly for this pattern to get the exact measurements before seaming. It's not printed with a schematic, but it's pretty easy to make one. Then you can alter it as I did for your hips and wingspan.
For you experienced knitters this may be obvious, but I want to share my "discovery" -- use a quilter's ruler for blocking. I was using my other favorite find - a freebie paper tape measures from IKEA (I've got one in every knitting bag) - but it got wet and the first inch disintegrated (note to self, paper is water soluble). Grabbed this out of the closet to avoid trudging upstairs to find my sturdier tape measure. Wow! It's perfect for getting two pieces just right and exactly the same. Also helps when tugging the rows straight. Save your Micheal's or JoAnn coupon and get one of these babies!
I soaked the Noro Silk Garden (about which I've complained so much) for several hours in wool wash (the no-rinse kind) and it did loose some of the stray matter and soften nicely. I did a lot of manipulation with the blocking and it seems to have really improved the fabric too.
Here it is ready for seaming. Maybe tonight. That kind of position - sitting and leaning over - isn't very comfortable so I'll do in in stages. For those of you not familiar with the pattern, the sleeves go up and across the bodice and the bind-offs form the neckline. In this photo the back is folded to keep from falling off the table - it's the same as the other side laying flat. It's a cool design. We're supposed to have rain tomorrow so I know I'll kick myself if it's not done - this may be one of my last chances to wear it until next year.